Landlords Building and Contents Insurance

Many landlords make the mistake of thinking that they are covered by their buildings insurance for letting the property to tenants. However, the reality is that a standard home insurance policy will often exclude cover for any property from which revenue is earned; and any claims made on such a policy might be rejected by the insurer.

Choosing the right cover

As a landlord you have legal responsibilities towards your tenants in a way that you do not have for your own home. In addition, by letting a property out to a tenant, you are effectively operating as a business, even if the income is very small.

For this reason a specialist landlord insurance - which includes Landlord Liability cover - is vital if you own a rental property.

Hepburns Specialist Insurance


County Property Management - in partnership with Hepburns Insurance Limited - have designed a specialist landlord policy which will provide you with all the cover you need for your rental property. It is exclusively available to County Property landlords.


The FSA is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services. Hepburns Insurance Services Ltd is authorized and regulated by the FSA.

Our FSA Register number is 313541. In accordance with the regulations, a Customer Complaints Guide and details of the Financial Ombudsman Service are available for PDF download. Any Questions? Call our Helpline 01534 515 151